Friday, November 29, 2013

Movie Review - Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire

Sunday I will begin 25 Days of Christmas Movies.  Some will be faith-based films and others will just be old school charming.  Before I head there though, I just had to share Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass And Fire.

I watched the first in this series, Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End a while back and absolutely loved it.  PureFlix Entertainment is really bringing some great faith-based films to the table.  After seeing the first, I could not wait for the next...but I had to.  I'm excited to share it with you now.


Movie Review:  Revelation Road 2:  The Sea of Glass and Fire
Pure Flix Entertainment
Starring:  David A. R. White, Brian Bosworth, Eric  Roberts, Andrea Logan White, Jen Lilley, and Steve "Sting" Borden
About the film (from Amazon): Revelation Road 2: The Sea of Glass and Fire continues the thrilling odyssey of Josh McManus, as he struggles to return home to his wife and daughter. Helping Josh on his epic quest is the local Sheriff, Beth, his over-eager sidekick and Cat, a renegade biker. And, chasing Josh at every turn is the brutal outlaw Hawg and his rolling gang of killers.

My Review:  What do you do when everything you know has been turned upside down in a blink of an eye, and you are far from your own?  

This have changed dramatically for Josh, and it is a lot more than the absence of electricity. After a brush with an outlaw biker gang leads to an incredible night of chaos and a brush with the supernatural, Josh just wants to get home to be with his family, but the getting there is not going to be an easy road but at least it wont be lonely with Beth (with her own mission) by her side.  

Revelation Road 2 picks up where the first left off, and fulfills two purposes one is to give the viewer some more background on Josh with answering the question of why is he the way he is and is he aware of it?  We also get a little recap on exactly went down in the first movie and get more of an understanding on the relationship issues between the biker gang's leader Hawg and on Cat who seems so tortured through both films.  The viewer also sees how God has had a hand on their lives in a unique way for a unique purpose and even the negative parts can be used in a positive light.  

Revelation Road 2 has a smooth running plot that gives us some steps forward with some strong looks back.  As with other films like this, there are people who are reeling after an obvious rapture scenario with most not understanding what went on and still others who do get it and know full well that somehow they truly weren't the believers they thought themselves to be.  This always gives me food for thought.  The actors and actresses did a great job.  You will often find people who are a bit more canned, but not in this film.  The cast definitely took the time to really grow into character which for myself was greatly appreciated especially because I am one who is often disappointed when I see a Christian film come out with a wonderful message but the message is relayed by actors who are wooden, and everyone I try to share it with just shakes their head.  This is a film of quality with many wonderful moments.  Check it out.


Watch the official trailer here:

Haven't seen Revelation Road? Catch my review here: Movie Review - Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End

Watch the trailer here:


I purchased Revelation Road 2:  The Sea of Glass and Fire Blu-Ray at Family Christian Store as part of their Black Friday special.  It was $5!  I actually made a special trip just to get it.  So needless to say, nothing impacted my opinion.  I saw the first one for free and paid for this one, because the first was that good.

 

2 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds good and like something I'd watch. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Kelly. I just hopped over from Writer's Alley. Thanks, again, for following. I'm following back now! Enjoy your holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by! I am really enjoying the series. I'm bummed that I have to wait for the next one, but that will give me more time to read. :)

      Delete