Thursday, April 4, 2013

Home Run - Movie - Coming to Theaters April 19th!






A few months ago, I joined ministry leaders and media representatives in my town for a preview of a film called "Home Run."   "Home Run" is the story of true freedom from the darkness that can engulf a person's life when dealing with their past and addictions. 

Starring: Scott Elrod, Dorian Brown, Vivica A. Fox, Charles  Henry Wyson, James Devoti, Nicole Leigh, Robert Peters, Drew Waters and Juan Martinez.

About the film (from the website HomeRunTheMovie.com) :

Freedom is Possible

Baseball all-star Cory Brand knows what it takes to win in the big leagues. But off the field, with memories of his past haunting him, his life is spiraling out of control.

Hoping to save her client's career and reputation after a DUI and a team suspension, Cory's agent sends him back to the small town where he grew up. Forced to coach the local youth baseball team and spend eight weeks in the only recovery program in town, Cory can't wait to return to his old life as quickly as possible.
As his young players help him experience the joy of the game, Cory discovers his need to find freedom from his past and hope for his future … and win back the love he left behind. With this unexpected second chance, Cory finds himself on a powerful journey of transformation and redemption.

Based on thousands of true stories, HOME RUN is a powerful reminder that with God, it's never too late … freedom is possible.


Here's the trailer:



PS...Ya'll hear Third Day in the background there?  That was their song "I Need a Miracle."  YAY!

My opinion:
This is not my review because I saw the unfinished project.  I will be seeing the movie again when it comes to theaters on April 19th.
 
"Home Run" tells a story that many of us are familiar with.  It is a story of lives like our own that have been impacted by complications of the past and how those complications can impact our present and future.  There is hope.  "Home Run" explores that journey.  "Home Run" tells that story well.  It is full of impact from the choice of actors, location and music.  "Home Run" tells an honest story, and it is a story of hope and encouragement.  Even if you have not lived a life with its own complications, you most likely know someone who has. This could be a movie to give that person hope.  This could be the gentle touch that could bring a person you know to a place of decision and in that decision, solid direction for healing. 

"Home Run" is heading to theaters on  April 19th.  If you like a movie with a message, you should check it out.  If you are a fan of faith-based films, you should also check it out.  It is not often that we find a movie of this caliber with such a strong message of hope that can truly inspire.  Find a theater near you by following this link.

If you are a reader, there is a novelization of the film by author Travis Thrasher.  Get the scoop on that as well as read the first chapter here.


8 comments:

  1. Great review. I will have to check this movie out. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, I just followed you back,

    Navin
    www.monthlyfreebiez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like this movie. I enjoy inspirational stories that give me goose bumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love inspirational films. It is nice seeing a good message. :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a good movie, and it's coming soon, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really great, and I didn't even see the final edit. So I totally can't wait. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. This is a great review! I really like the name 'Home Run". I might end up seeing it just for that reason.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think you'll like it. I was surprised at how well it was done.

      Delete