Saturday, December 8, 2012

30 Days of Christmas Movies - Christmas Town



I have been getting into the Christmas spirit with lots of forays into Christmas movies.  I have been watching at least one a day, and it has been lots of fun.  It has also been pretty easy thanks to Netflix and their instant streaming.  I have been able to watch all kinds of fun holiday movies.  I hope to share each one here.  The good, the bad, and the merry.



Today it is movie number 4 - Christmas Town

Starring Nicole de Boer, Patrick Muldoon, and Gig Morton.

The film begins with Liz a very career oriented real estate agent heading off with her son Mason to visit her father Jack in a small town named Hollyville (also known as America's Christmas town).  Liz's father is much like herself. A city person who was very focused on a very successful career.  Now that he has taken up residence in Hollyville, Jack has tossed his life of a banker to a life in the sweetest little Christmas town around, and Liz is not thrilled with the changes in her dad nor the quirky little town.

One of the townies named Kevin shares with Liz that he was once a mess before he came into town and that Hollyville is like the land of misfit toys.  All the residents had the need to be fixed. Liz definitely fits that description.

Young Mason is completely taken with the town.  Mason is also intrigued with the small factory outside the town called NP Enterprises.  Mason is convinced that the guy they call "the big guy" just could be Santa Claus.  

My thoughts - Christmas Town is a sweet movie.  There is a lot of fluff to it, but it has its moments.  I liked that Liz and her father became close again, it was nice seeing a little town dedicated to Christmas, but it was also weird because there was no snow.  I like snow in Christmas movies.  This could seem kind of silly since I grew up in California for half of my life and where I lived there was no snow.  The characters were all pretty sweet and on the dorky side, but they fit the movie.  For me the only oddity was Patrick Muldoon. The dude's hair distracted me throughout the movie.  This is what happens when your husband buys a very hi definition TV.  :)

On a scale of 1 to 5 candy canes, I'd give it 2.5 candy canes.

1 comment:

  1. Great review Kelly! You make me want to watch it. Thanks for sharing it with us. And thanks for coming by Teshuva.
    Looking forward to great friendship, have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete