Sunday, November 18, 2012

Book Journal



I used to love reading.  I shouldn't say "used to" because actually I still love it quite a bit.  I simply haven't found the time to indulge in reading like I once did.  This is one of the reasons I want an elliptical trainer.  That will give me the much needed exercise I need (and boy do I need it!) as well as the opportunity to read again!

When I was at the gym I read all the time.  I have a Kindle and a Nook, and I found it absolutely fantastic to be able to escape the workout that I was doing by following a crime solver in the latest cozy!  Then my hours changed just enough to make those gym breaks impossible.

But I digress.  I do that often.

I have decided that before the new year even gets here, I am going to dive back into reading like I enjoy.  I will not just read for work, but I will read for fun again.  Oh the joy, the joy, the joy!!!!!

I have reviewed books in the past on a blog and of course at commercial sites.  The one thing I didn't do though was use a book journal.  When reading recently I realized how very cool it would be to have one.  There are many times that I have read a book and then come across something that just annoyed the pulp out of me.  I also found things I absolutely loved.  The trouble is, I couldn't always remember those details.  My hopes is that a book journal will help with that.

I have seen lovely journals and would like to go that route some day, but for now, I am going to use a composition book. I bought lots of them during all the back-to-school sales and I believe this will work just fine for now.  Maybe I'll even decorate it at some point.  Who knows.  

Why I am sharing this with you?  Because for now, no one but me is reading anyway.  :)  I don't mind.  I like it.  I can get a little crazy with this if I want.  The beginning really is the sweetest thing.  

My first book that I will be enjoying and eventually reviewing is "Knit One, Kill Two" by Maggie Sefton.  As Thanksgiving is this week, I think I should actually finish it by the end of the week.  I don't plan on doing too much Black Friday or Nightmare Thursday shopping anyway.  Well, except to maybe locate an elliptical trainer of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment